Many elders could stay in their own homes if only they didn’t have to navigate steps to use the bathroom or to reach their bedrooms. Sometimes the situation isn’t as dire as that, but they’d love to go to a lower level to use a workshop for a hobby or to do laundry. The steps are the only barrier.
Since most people can’t afford to build an elevator for their own purposes, a convenient, affordable option can be stair lifts for seniors. These safe, sturdy chairs are attached to the side of the steps with the handrail. A person simply sits in the chair, secures the guard and pushes a button. The chair does the work and the person who can no longer handle stairs enjoys the return of lost freedom.
The independence, mobility and quality of life offered by having a stairlift installed in a home are priceless. With a Handicare 'Age UK Stairlift' you are selecting a high quality stairlift, designed with ease of use, safety and reliability in mind.
Handicare’s manufacturing skills have been combined with the Age UK Group's own experience, along with feedback from stairlift users and healthcare professionals, to make sure the stairlift range suits different needs and different budgets.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider a Handicare 'Age UK Stairlift'.
- Free professional stairlift advice service
- Personal & efficient service
- Stylish stairlifts in a range of colours to suit your home
- Quiet, unobtrusive and slim fitting
- Stairlifts to suit nearly all staircases - both straight and curved
- A wide range of stairlifts with useful added features designed to make your stairlift just right for you
- No high pressure selling or confusing literature
- A nationwide network of professional installers and service engineers
- Your purchase helps further the work of Age UK (a registered charity)
- From a name you can trust – Handicare
We’ve used a stair lift in my family to great advantage. I’m hoping that you’ll consider this option if you or a loved one can no longer enjoy your own home simply because of the challenge of stairs.